Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Back to the Future

As I was preparing to write the May newsletter, I opened up my Mailchimp account and put in my user name and password. A notice came up that said, "It seems that your system clock is set too far into the future."

Huh? What does that mean?

I was scratching my head over it, thinking that if this were the future, "A Million Sticky Kisses" would already be a Nº. 1 Best Seller. Hollywood would have called, and my friend would have sent his tux out to the cleaners so that he could accompany me to all those Oscar parties.

Then I remembered that Chile is in its own time zone which, apparently, doesn't exist. At some point last summer, the government declared that we were not going to move the clocks around any more. We are forever stuck in a Daylight Savings Time warp.

Right now, if we weren't renegades, we'd be at GMT-4, but we are renegades, so we are at GMT-3, which none of my electronic devices recognizes on its own. Therefore, I have to manually set my computer to Buenos Aires time, thrusting myself...too far into the future.

As for the other, a girl can dream, can't she? In the immortal words of Bloody Mary in Rodgers & Hammerstein's South Pacific, "You got to have a dream. If you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?"

If you'd like to receive my monthly newsletter, you can sign up here.

~~Sally Rose
Author of Penny Possible & A Million Sticky Kisses
iamsallyrose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment