Thursday, November 6, 2014

Checking in

It's been pretty quiet around here lately. I haven't blogged in a long time and I could blame it on laziness, but that's not strictly true. It's more from feeling a bit disillusioned and disappointed.

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you know that the school in Santiago, Chile, where I volunteered last year was sold. Try as I might, I did not find a new school to volunteer in this year. Rather than sit idle and stew about it, I decided to do something that I'd been talking about doing for a long time.

I returned to the US and have been busy compiling the stories of my first visits to Chile to be a volunteer. My book will soon be published under the title, "A Million Sticky Kisses." It will be available as an ebook as well as a print version.

I will also be publishing a children's book based on the adventures of Penny, a Golden Retriever, who recently "graduated" as a service dog. It will be titled, "Penny Possible" and the proceeds from sales of it will be donated to Warrior Canine Connection. Details will be posted here once these books are ready for purchase.

Ironically, just after I'd bought my airline ticket to return to the US, I was introduced to a friend-of-a-friend who is director of a school in Chile. I visited there before I left and I think it might be a volunteer possibility for next year. Time, that pesky enemy of the impatient, will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment